Translate

Monday 14 July 2014

Fortunately, The Milk



“If the same object from two different times touches itself, one of two things will happen. Either the Universe will cease to exist. Or three remarkable dwarfs will dance through the streets with flowerpots on their heads.”
I was up early this week. Sleep hasn’t stayed long enough over one evening so it’s just been a lumped together, week. A friend has recently given birth to her beautiful new baby and I got the chance to hold her. The baby. I almost fell in love with her. Said friend is getting very little sleep and hasn’t heard the pop of a bottle of wine opening, since...sometime ago. I think her sleep patterns are catching on though. In fairness, all I had to show for my wine sabbatical and red eyes was a two day visit to Limerick Milk Market. It was worth it.
Alpaca Doughnut Balls
Day 1: I don’t make it to Limerick often so, naturally, I got lost. I drove around the city, early morning, meeting and greeting every red traffic light with a frustrated grunt. I saw parts of the city I honestly didn’t know existed, and it was great. It almost felt like being abroad!

Finally, I set eyes on the elusive white peak of the Milk Market roof. Whoa! A near accidental collison with a white van later, I gratefully unload the car, thinking there has to be better ways of making money.
Home, Sweet, Sweet Home...
Day 2: I got lost. Well with even less sleep and an earlier start losing my way was inevitable. This day was even busier, bustlier and more foodie. My eyes watered, my stomach panged and a decent chocolate croissant was badly needed. And a coffee, some cheese tasting, a quick scoot around the plant section, oh the Falafelle dinner a couple of stalls down, some cake tasting and a big bottle of water. With food time over, the business of the day got on way. 
Jule & Jim

Until the next visit......
It was a beautiful day....

No comments:

Post a Comment